Greetings from sfougarisb

Αμέσως μετά την εγγραφή σας περάστε από εδώ να πείτε ένα «χαίρετε» μαζί με δυό λόγια για τον εαυτό σας, και να λάβετε το «αντιχαίρετε» από τους άλλους.
Απάντηση
sfougarisb
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: sfougaris babis
Επικοινωνία:

Hello everyone,

I am sorry about the English. I just type faster in English and i have no Greek spell checker on my browser.....

I was not aware of the forum and found it by accident. I have not believed in the existence of any type of god since i was in 5th Dimotikou. I said to my teacher (a very nice lady) that i did not wanted to participate in religious class, cause i was a non-believer. It created quite a stir... But not much. I finished my school days a dedicated non-believer who would intentionally start fights with all the overtly religious teachers (unfortunately we had a few).

My reasons for not believing are essentially the same since that day: I am a believer in science and the scientific method and I get very worked up when people introduce anything magical, mystical, demonic, ethereal, or whatever non-scientifically explained into their lives (case in point: Homeopathy, holistic medicine, crystal power, etc).

Been a non-believer is not a big part of my life. I have baptized a kid that I love a lot, and explained to his (only slightly uncomfortable parents) that as far as i am concerned, he will be raised to have an open and inquisitive mind, familiar with the scientific method. He (as well as his brothers) are growing up great and i am playing gorilla-warfare with grandparents that get them to church and read them "the life of jesus" and "children stories from the bible"... We read together Evolution for Kids, have all the dinosaur books, and a growing library of home science experiments that we do together. I am confident about them

I am more upset with people who had the benefit of sound education, a comfortable life, and access to information and still claim to believe (or indeed believe in) a formless, non-specific, magical GOD.... than with old people who are uneducated and really believe in a higher being because they know no better.

Anyway, that is me. Good to find you here.

Babis
Άβαταρ μέλους
patroklos
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: -

greetings back darling

-a little question

where do you live now?

it matters a lot

trust me
Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think. / Διασκέδασε. Είναι πιό αργά από ό, τι νομίζεις

Chinese proverb /Κινεζική παροιμία
sfougarisb
Επικοινωνία:

I am in and out of Greece. Presently in Athens.

You have intrigued me, why does this matter?
dtango
Αποκλεισμένος
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: Dispute of a man with his Ba
Επικοινωνία:

Μπάμπη καλώς ήρθες!
Ελπίζω να μην απογοητεύτηκες μετά το δεύτερο accident.

Patroklos, I’m kidding!
"Culture is memory", Yuri Lotman, 1922 - 1993, Ρώσος Σημειολόγος και Κουλτουρολόγος
Άβαταρ μέλους
patroklos

sfougarisb έγραψε:I am in and out of Greece. Presently in Athens.
You have intrigued me, why does this matter?

because its one thing to search and find a forum of atheists that speak greek
another to search and find atheists of greek origin and background
and yet another to search and find atheists in greece

εδω
οταν μιλαμε ελληνικα ειναι ομορφα και "φιλοσοφημένα"
οταν μιλαμε για ελλαδα ειναι "άσχημα" και πρακτικά
Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think. / Διασκέδασε. Είναι πιό αργά από ό, τι νομίζεις

sfougarisb
Επικοινωνία:

i have spend sometime looking into the threads here... Some very interesting stuff, and some very confusing posts. So please help me out. Your latest post does not make sense to me, what you are trying to say is:

i. you don't appreciate me posting in english
ii. you don't appreciate my way of expressing myself (not "philosophical" enough, or "practical")
iii. you don't appreciate the subject matter
vi. you don't appreciate something else that i managed to miss completely..

I only take issue with number (i). What is wrong with writing in english? i suppose that the vast majority of fellow atheists speak them already, i would actually hazard that they are pretty fluent in them, so what is the point? we dont want to mess with the language?

Please enlighten me.
dtango
Αποκλεισμένος
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: Dispute of a man with his Ba
Επικοινωνία:

Mπάμπη, μην προβληματίζεσαι. Ο Πάτροκλος έχει ένα πολύ ιδιαίτερο δικό του στυλ.
Αυτός είναι ο λόγος που στην προηγούμενη ανάρτησή μου έκανα λόγο για δυο accidents.
Έπεσες by accident πάνω στο φόρουμ και by another accident πάνω στον Πάτροκλο.
Αν διαβάσεις άλλες αναρτήσεις του θα διαπιστώσεις ότι για αρκετούς εδώ, με πρώτον εμένα, είναι δυσανάγνωστος.

Γενικά είναι τα greeklish που δεν ανέχεται το φόρουμ. Τα αγγλικά, προσωπικά, όχι μόνο δεν με ενοχλούν αλλά τα προτιμώ για την εξάσκηση που μου προσφέρουν.
"Culture is memory", Yuri Lotman, 1922 - 1993, Ρώσος Σημειολόγος και Κουλτουρολόγος
Άβαταρ μέλους
breadfan

Καλωσήρθες, Μπάμπη.
Δεν πειράζει αν κάνεις και μερικά ορθογραφικά, δεν θα είσαι ο πρώτος ούτε ο τελευταίος.
Το να γράφεις στα αγγλικά δεν είναι λύση, στο κάτω κάτω υπάρχουν και κάποιοι σε αυτό το φόρουμ που δεν γνωρίζουν καλά τη γλώσσα, ή και καθόλου.

Και, να για σε πειράξω:
sfougarisb έγραψε:i am playing gorilla-warfare with grandparents
Δεν είναι καλό παράδειγμα να πετάτε φρούτα ο ένας στον άλλο μπροστά στα παιδιά. : brrr :
Αν, και τώρα που το σκέφτομαι, τελικά ίσως είναι καλύτερο απ' τον ανταρτοπόλεμο... :think:
Οὐκ ἄρα τὸ θεοφιλὲς ὅσιόν ἐστιν, ὦ Εὐθύφρων, οὐδὲ τὸ ὅσιον θεοφιλές, ὡς σὺ λέγεις, ἀλλ᾽ ἕτερον τοῦτο τούτου.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Ευθύμης

Καλωσόρισες! Υπάρχει λύση για το πρόβλημά σου:

http://speech.ilsp.gr/greeklish/greeklishdemo.asp

:D
Η αθεΐα δεν είναι το παν αλλά είναι μια καλή αρχή.
Άβαταρ μέλους
patroklos

sfougarisb έγραψε:What is wrong with writing in english? i suppose that the vast majority of fellow atheists speak them already, i would actually hazard that they are pretty fluent in them, so what is the point? we dont want to mess with the language?

Please enlighten me.

There is no vast majority
I am a very particular minority
my english is more fluent than greek

I find it a joke to argue, discuss, or contemplate
anything supposing and requiring
"unexplainable" and "unquestionable" involvement

In english, frankly I'm piss bored of talking about god

that is because
in english, you tap into the language of the world
and the world has a broad, wide view

ο τσαμπουκάς ειναι στην ελλάδα με τα ελληνικά
in greece Ι shout from the car, passing by a public wedding outside a church:
"Δεεεν υπαααρχει θεοοοος"

that is because in greece, the god there is, stands for less human rights
really, not theoretically
now, not in the "middle" ages

You would wish I spoke in greek
At least there I can hide my augmentive vile
towards my fellow greeks, my fellow prisoners and self-prison guards

In england I discussed with priests and theologicians
they are desparate and need the chance

In greece I could kill them
just because they will smirk
knowing at every hint of atheist disposition
that they are covered by constitution and state

I suppose greeks can be enlightened preferably with greek

that's the problem of english in this forum

those who understand you, dont need the interaction
those who need you, understand greek

Άβαταρ μέλους
Γιατρος Του Ικα

in greece Ι shout from the car, passing by a public wedding outside a church:
"Δεεεν υπαααρχει θεοοοος"
Συγγνώμη αλλά αν το κάνεις αυτό πράγματι σφάλλεις.Υπάρχει θεός,εσύ.
Άνθρωπος χωρίς Θεό,ψάρι χωρίς ποδήλατο.

Είδα χτές ένα πεφταστέρι και ευχήθηκα να πέσει στο σπίτι σου.(Mikeius)

Ένα πέτρινο λιοντάρι στην μπασιά της νύχτας, με τα νύχια μπηγμένα στην πέτρα…
sfougarisb
Επικοινωνία:

Eυχαριστώ για τα καλωσορίσματα,

η αλήθεια είναι ότι μπορώ να γράψω ελληνικά, απλά, λόγω δυσλεξίας είμαι πολύ αργός (κάνω τρομακτικά ορθογραφικά. H δασκάλα στην οποία αναφέρομαι ποιο πάνω, μου έλεγε: Παιδί μου, πριν διαβάσω τις εκθέσεις σου, βγάζω τα γυαλιά μου για να μη ραγίσουν τα κρύσταλλα...).

Επίσης, λόγο εργασίας, γράφω/διαβάζω στα αγγλικά τα τελευταία 20 χρόνια. τέλος πάντων. Ευχαριστώ και πάλι.
Άβαταρ μέλους
noxteryn
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: noxteryn
Επικοινωνία:

breadfan, με πρόλαβες. Με το που είδα το "gorilla-warfare", σκέφτηκα να ποστάρω αυτό:

Εικόνα

:lol:
"The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion."
sfougarisb
Επικοινωνία:

can you imagine this? thanks to dyslexia once more (and having "corrected" the misspelling with gorilla....) i could not figure out what you were going on about!!!!!

thank god (!!!!!) i have grown used to these kind of mistakes now....

Once i started a letter with: "Deer Angle" (no kidding)
Άβαταρ μέλους
Nemertes
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: η Νημερτής
Επικοινωνία:

Hello babis!

I could be you - I usually write code, emails etc, in english - so it's a pain in the ass to change keyboard language all the time. However it's a fact, that people do not always clearly understand what is said when written in a language other than their mother tongue. What I do is to change my language in greek whenever I write here, and write the english words that come into my mind with greek letters. Lol.

Unless you are under 20 or live abroad I can't understand how you managed to cope with all those religious teachers.

Btw, being dyslexic is not a disadvantage. Einstein and many famous people were dyslexic too. ;)

Welcome again. :)
Έχετε κάθε δικαίωμα να προσκυνάτε την παναγία, να δοξολογείτε τον χριστό και να περιμένετε… Εμπρός λοιπόν πέστε στα γόνατα, συρθείτε στα πατώματα… Ίσως εσάς σας ακούσουν, γιατί φαίνεται οι άλλοι δεν έκαναν αρκετές μετάνοιες…

Τελικά είμαι πολύ περήφανη για άλλη μια φορά. Δεν ξέρω τι κάνει ο δικός μου θεός, αλλά τουλάχιστον, δεν είναι ζήτουλας…
Άβαταρ μέλους
noxteryn
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: noxteryn
Επικοινωνία:

Εγώ, από την άλλη, βρίσκω αρκετά ειρωνικό να ισχυρίζεται κάποιος ότι μιλά πιο άνετα/γρήγορα στα αγγλικά, και να μη μπορεί να γράψει ούτε λίγες παραγράφους χωρίς κάποιο θεμελιώδες συντακτικό ή γραμματικό λάθος.
:whistle:
"The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion."
Άρατος ο Σολεύς

Hello sfougarisb,

I am very excited to boro and grafw in english with an original greek speaking anthrwpos.
I suggest to everybody s'auto to forum to write in Aggloellinikos!
It is much kalitera! It is fucking much kalitera!

O kathenas mas has the right to grafei in any glwssa he/she wants to !

Vebaiws nomiza that there is an automatos orthografos in every PC! Kai oti me one and only ena right click you may diorthoseis your keimeno !

En plus jai parle et ecris francais les derniers 20 ans! Alors jai commance d'ecrir en francais TWRA! Jai suis sure que FrancoGrecq est beaucoup mieux que Anglogrecq!!

Kata t'alla bienvenue!

I habe vergessen dass wir auch auf deutsch sprechen koennen. Warum nichts?
Warum - warum -warum sind die bananen krumm?

Buenos dias

Bonjorno Italia di spaggehti aldente. Io capitano comme il prezidente !
Άβαταρ μέλους
AoratiMelani
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: Αόρατη Μελάνη
Επικοινωνία:

sfougarisb έγραψε:Eυχαριστώ για τα καλωσορίσματα,

η αλήθεια είναι ότι μπορώ να γράψω ελληνικά, απλά, λόγω δυσλεξίας είμαι πολύ αργός (κάνω τρομακτικά ορθογραφικά.
Μην ανησυχείς, δεν θα είσαι ο μόνος! Έχουμε αρκετούς δυσλεκτικούς και ανορθόγραφους γενικώς. Απ' όσο βλέπω πάντως από το μικρό ελληνικό σου κείμενο, μια χαρά γράφεις (σε σύγκριση με άλλους, ονόματα δεν λέμε... :whistle: )

Αν πάντως θέλεις να γράφεις αγγλικά, κανένα πρόβλημα, όλοι οι συντονιστές εδώ γνωρίζουν αγγλικά. Δεν ξέρω βέβαια πόσα από τα μέλη ξέρουν αρκετά καλά αγγλικά για να ανταποκριθούν, και στο κάτω-κάτω αυτό εδώ είναι ένα ελληνόφωνο φόρουμ, οπότε εφόσον μπορείς, ίσως είναι καλύτερα να προτιμήσεις τα ελληνικά.

Ξαλώς ήλθες!
Η θρησκευτική γλώσσα είναι μια μεταφορά. Το πρόβλημα είναι όταν παρασύρεται κανείς από τη μεταφορά κι αρχίζει να τη βλέπει σαν κυριολεξία. Rebbecca Goldstein
Άβαταρ μέλους
Comte de Toulouse
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: Comte de Toulouse
Επικοινωνία:

Ξαλώς όρισες και από μένα! :whistle:
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate
Lacidar
Αποκλεισμένος

Εμένα ο θείος μου στην αμερική έχει μάυρη ζώνη στο καράτε με 17 νταν.

btw

welcome σφουγκάρη!
Απάντηση