Hi, I am tanuki

Αμέσως μετά την εγγραφή σας περάστε από εδώ να πείτε ένα «χαίρετε» μαζί με δυό λόγια για τον εαυτό σας, και να λάβετε το «αντιχαίρετε» από τους άλλους.
Απάντηση
Tanuki
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: http://ubi-dubium-ibi-libertas.blogspot.com/

Hi,
First something about me
My name is Adrian, I am from Romania and I am an Atheist and an Anti-Theist (this part always sounds as AA meetings)
As you might know Romania is mostly orthodox and until about 150 years ago more than half of the income of the church (and we know that that's alot) went to Mount Athos.

I came here because Cafeeine Addicted from The Atheist Experience recommended me this forum, and because I like to talk about religion, atheist arguments and more. We all know that the orthodox church is the "one and true" religion and all the others are bad, and we know how resourceful (and most times funny) believers can be.

By the way I hope you don't mind that I speak in english. I am using Google Chrome as a browser and it translates the pages in greek so I can read all you write, but I can respond only in English.
nature
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: -

well, try to trasnlate back in greek
for some people its exhausting im sure u understand that

tell us more about mount athos :)
Άβαταρ μέλους
Vagelford
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: [ΜΑΥΡΟ - ΟΧΙ ΑΛΛΟ ΚΑΡΒΟΥΝΟ]
Επικοινωνία:

You will probably have a few problems with the Greek text from the translator, so don’t take at face value everything you read.
"You are a spherical ungalvanized tin... You are an ungalvanized tin any way you look at it."

Εικόνα Vagelford's Channel
Άβαταρ μέλους
breadfan

Hello, Adrian.

I tried to read your blog using google translate.
What articles I managed to read were very interesting, and you seem to be impressively educated.
However I had a really hard time with the translation, and I think that Greek should be equally hard when translated, if not harder.

Anyway, you are more than welcome here.
You already must have an idea of our hospitality; nobody wants you to go through another translation, so everybody so far is writing in English... :)
Οὐκ ἄρα τὸ θεοφιλὲς ὅσιόν ἐστιν, ὦ Εὐθύφρων, οὐδὲ τὸ ὅσιον θεοφιλές, ὡς σὺ λέγεις, ἀλλ᾽ ἕτερον τοῦτο τούτου.
dtango
Αποκλεισμένος
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: Dispute of a man with his Ba
Επικοινωνία:

Hi there, Adrian,
first of all I must tell you that you are the second Romanian member of this forum. The first one is Alex, whom we have not heard from for a long time now.
Secondly, I am telling you that I like very much your nick name and thirdly that I admire you for reading our posts through automatic translation programs because I use to read translated pages to just have fun.
As Breadfan said nobody wants you to go through another translation, so everybody so far is writing in English...
:text-welcomewave:
"Culture is memory", Yuri Lotman, 1922 - 1993, Ρώσος Σημειολόγος και Κουλτουρολόγος
Άβαταρ μέλους
Comte de Toulouse
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: Comte de Toulouse
Επικοινωνία:

Bun venit!
I hope there is no problem keeping a thread in english, as it is more affordable that few can't follow, than trying to understand what these idiot automatic translators say.
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate
Tanuki

"well, try to trasnlate back in greek" from greek to english the translation is sometime bad. Very bad. If I write in english you will understand what I want to say, if I use the translator you may think I am smoking something :P

"tell us more about mount athos"
Sure, Just as soon as I get familiarized withe the forum and I make sure I don't double post :)

"What articles I managed to read were very interesting, and you seem to be impressively educated."
Thank you. We are actually 3 people who write on that blog.
We started writing because we don't like the way things are going right now in our country.
After the revolution in 89 church leaders were smart enough to take advantage of the chaos, and now religion is taught in public schools from grades 1 to 12. There are biology manuals which teach creationism, we recently became the country with the most churches in Europe and church is becoming more and more involved in politics.
Up until a couple of years I was a "pacifist" atheist, but the church gains more and more.
A pool made a couple of years ago in schools with children between ages from 13 to 19 revealed that 73% of them believed that god made the earth (and earth is 6000 years old ofc)
So. To the point. They are doing a damn good job. And I didn't do nothing
So we started writing and we started arguing with faithful people on their believes. We've entered in an atheist community and we are trying to gather more people and more arguments :). And things are starting to shift a little bit to the better.

"Bun venit!"
Σας ευχαριστώ

"I admire you for reading our posts through automatic translation programs"
Once I wanted to see how the word church appeared so I tried to translate from http://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%95%CE% ... E%AF%CE%B1
to english. Boy was that fun. Anyhow if I have any questions I'll ask :)
dtango
Αποκλεισμένος
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: Dispute of a man with his Ba
Επικοινωνία:

Alex, (nick name Tigrul) our first Romanian member, created a thread which he named Romanian cat greets these fora.. I think we better transfer our conversation there.

What is your opinion of “forum.atei.ro”? Why did you have to start your own blog?
And one last question: Why do you say “THERE’S PROBABLY NO GOD”, that doesn’t make you an atheist. To my opinion, that is pure agnosticism.

Oh, I am afraid I have one more question. What about the passage in Genesis 19:16 that you mention in your last article. I am very much interested in Lot’s story.
"Culture is memory", Yuri Lotman, 1922 - 1993, Ρώσος Σημειολόγος και Κουλτουρολόγος
Radical
Αποκλεισμένος
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: http://forum.atheia.gr/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1508
Επικοινωνία:

Hello & welcome!
if I use the translator you may think I am smoking something
are you?? :P

And while we're at it, is pot legal in Romania?

:D :D
Tanuki

Weed is not legal here :(. 89% of the people are Orthodox. Church moto: If it feels good, stop (when I have the time I'll translate some funny Christian assholes posts about orgasm and why its a sin to have an orgasm).

Anyway, how are you guys? I've made a trip to the mountains and when I came back I saw the news about Greece. Are you ok?
Άβαταρ μέλους
Comte de Toulouse
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: Comte de Toulouse
Επικοινωνία:

Tanuki έγραψε:Anyway, how are you guys? I've made a trip to the mountains and when I came back I saw the news about Greece. Are you ok?
Our wallets are being sucked... no more skiing at Poiana Brasov :(
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate
Άβαταρ μέλους
Γιατρος Του Ικα

Tanuki έγραψε:Anyway, how are you guys? I've made a trip to the mountains and when I came back I saw the news about Greece. Are you ok?
Hi Tanuki.I guess you are referring to the latest demonstrations in Athens which resulted in the deaths of three bank employees.Although there is no doubt that this was a tragic event and a hideous crime it doesn't represent the situation here in Greece.
Yes,there's a lot of anger and confusion amongst the people here regarding the harsh economic measures but the situation is mostly peaceful.We're not in a state of general uprising.Greece is a quite safe place to be (except if you are a minister or a member of the parliament-or driving a car).

The church here in Greece has always been very powerful.Religion is being taught (in the form of shameless indoctrination) in all classes but the first two in elementary schools.They haven't gone so far as to teach american type creationism but they have seen to it that the chapters in biology books about evolution get skipped in the classroom.
And of course the church is the second largest land owner after the state itself and its taxation is minimal to say the least even in the wake of the overwhelming economy crisis our country is going through.
Άνθρωπος χωρίς Θεό,ψάρι χωρίς ποδήλατο.

Είδα χτές ένα πεφταστέρι και ευχήθηκα να πέσει στο σπίτι σου.(Mikeius)

Ένα πέτρινο λιοντάρι στην μπασιά της νύχτας, με τα νύχια μπηγμένα στην πέτρα…
Απάντηση