Best House m.d. quotes!

Εδώ μεταφέρονται τα ανενεργά θέματα. Ανενεργά θεωρούνται τα θέματα στα οποία έχει να γίνει ανάρτηση πάνω από 3 μήνες.
Απάντηση
Άβαταρ μέλους
Freedom of Mind
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: -

House MD (Hugh Laurie):
You are the most naíve atheist I've ever met.
---------------------------------
House MD (Hugh Laurie):
You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.
Dr. Cameron (Jennifer Morrison):
Do you have to be religious to believe a fetus is a life?
House MD (Hugh Laurie):
There seems to be a correlation.
House MD (Hugh Laurie):
Are you ... comparing me to God? I mean, that's great, but just so you know, I've never made a tree.
House MD (Hugh Laurie):
Do you notice how all the self-sacrificing women in history; Joan of Arc, Mother Theresa, can't think of any others; they all die alone. The men, on the other hand, get so much fuzz, it's crazy.
House MD (Hugh Laurie):
You are healed. [sticks the patient in the thigh] Rise and walk.
Patient: Are you insane?
House MD (Hugh Laurie):
In the Bible, they just say, "Yes, Lord" and start on in with the praising.
[Patient protests but regains feeling and gets up]
Patient: What did you do?
House MD (Hugh Laurie):
What did you do, Lord?
[Dr. Wilson is examining House MD's leg with the MRI]
Dr. Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard):
House, this is God.
House MD (Hugh Laurie):
Look, I'm a little busy right now. Not supposed to talk during these things. Got time Thursday?
Let me check. Oh! I got a plague. What about Friday?
House MD (Hugh Laurie):
You'll have to check with Cameron.
Oh! Damn it! She always wants to know why bad things happen. Like I'm gonna come up with a new answer this time.
[Cuddy bursts in]
Dr. Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein):
House...
House MD (Hugh Laurie):
Quick God, smite the evil witch!
Dr. Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein):
Are you sitting on evidence that your patient was sexually abused by her father?
House MD (Hugh Laurie):
God, why have you forsaken me?
Dr. Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard): And that's why religious belief annoys you. Because if the universe operates by abstract rules you can learn them, you can protect yourself. If a Supreme Being exists he can squash you any time he wants.
House MD (Hugh Laurie):
He knows where I am.
House MD (Hugh Laurie):
Isn't it interesting... religious behavior is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart.
House MD (Hugh Laurie):
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
Sister Mary Augustine: Why is it so difficult for you to believe in God?

Gregory House: What I have difficulty with is the whole concept of belief. Faith isn’t based on logic and experience.

Augustine: I experience God on a daily basis, and the miracle of life all around. The miracle of birth, the miracle of love. He is always with me.

House: Where is the miracle in delivering a crack-addicted baby? Hmmm? And watching her mother abandon her because she needs another score. The miracle of love. You’re twice as likely to be killed by the person you love than by a stranger.

Augustine: Are you trying to talk me out of my faith?

House: You can have all the faith you want in spirits and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don’t be an idiot. ‘Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.

Augustine: I don’t believe He is inside me and is going to save me. I believe He is inside me whether I live or die.

House: Then you might as well live. You’ve got a better shot betting on me than on Him.

Augustine: When I was 15, I was on every kind of birth control known to man, and I still got pregnant. I blamed God. I hated Him for ruining my life, but then I realized something. You can’t be angry with God and not believe in him at the same time. No one can. Not even you, Dr. House.
------------------------------------------
Dr. Allison Cameron: Do you know why people believe in God?

House: I thought you didn’t believe in God.

Cameron: I don’t.

House: Well, then you better be making a very good point.

Cameron: Do you think they pray to Him and praise Him because they want Him to know how great He is? God already knows that.

House: Are you comparing me to God? I mean, that’s great, but just so you know, I’ve never made a tree.

Cameron: [smiling] I thank you because it means something to me. To be grateful for what I receive.

House: You are the most naïve atheist I’ve ever met.
--------------------------------------------------
House: God talks to him.

Robert Chase: It’s not psychosis, he’s just religious. The only medical issue that showed up on the blood work is low sodium.

House: No — you talk to God, you’re religious. God talks to you — you’re psychotic.

Chase: A lot of people experience their religion as something more than symbolic. That doesn’t mean that—

House: God ever talk to you when you were in the seminary?

Chase: [laughs]

House: [gives him a smug look]

Chase: No.

House: God’s loss, our gain. He’s either psychotic, or a scam artist.

Eric Foreman: He was actually , uh, really impressive.

House: Well yeah, with the burning bush and all it’s quite the show.
--------------------------------------------------------
Cameron: Are we even certain he had a seizure? Hymn singing and healing, he does it all the time, doesn’t he?

House: Isn’t it interesting that religious behavior is so close to being crazy we can’t tell it apart.

James Wilson: Yeah, that’s why you didn’t want me in your poker game. Because when it comes to being in control, Gregory House leaves our faith healer kid in the dust. And that’s why religious belief annoys you. Because if the universe operates by abstract rules you can learn them, you can protect yourself. If a Supreme Being exists he can squash you any time he wants.

House: He knows where I am.
-----------------------------------
Eve: I don’t wanna terminate.

House: You wanna keep the baby?

Eve: Abortion is murder.

House: True. [nods] It’s a life. And you should end it.

Eve: [rationalizing] Every life is sacred.

House: [looks to the heavens in exasperation] Talk to me, don’t quote me bumper stickers.

Eve: It’s true.

House: It’s meaningless.

Eve: It means every life matters to God.

House: Not to me, not to you. [getting up to pace around] Judging by the number of natural disasters, not to God either.

Eve: You’re just being argumentative.

House: Yeah! I do do that. What about Hitler? Is his life sacred to God? Father of your child? Is his life sacred to you?

Eve: My child isn’t Hitler.

House: Either every life is sacred or…

Eve: [shouts] Stop it! I don’t wanna chat about philosophy!

House: You’re not killing your rape baby because of a philosophy.

Eve: It’s murder! I’m against it. You for it?

House: Not as a general rule.

Eve: Just for unborn children?

House: Yes! [beat] The probable exceptions to rules is the line drawn. Might makes sense for us to kill the ass that did this to you. But where do we draw the line? Which asses do we get to kill? Which asses get to keep on being asses? Nice thing about the abortion debate is we can quibble over trimesters, but ultimately there’s an ice-cold line — birth. Morally, there isn’t a lot of difference. Practically, huge.
----------------------------------------------
House: Rational arguments don’t usually work on religious people. Otherwise there would be no religious people.

18: You’re an atheist.

House: Only on Christmas and Easter. The rest of the time, it doesn’t really matter.

18: [Laughs.] Where’s the fun in that? A finite, un-mysterious universe…

House: It’s not about fun! It’s about the truth.
---------------------------------------------
I have fell in love with Sandra Nurmsalu the leading singer of the estonian Urban Sympony who played in Eurovision 2009.

Seriously.....

http://www.naistemaailm.ee/img/art/cc41f42fd92b126.jpg
Άβαταρ μέλους
Darkchilde
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: The Dark Side of the Force and other stories
Επικοινωνία:

Και ο ηθοποιός είναι άθεος.

[youtube]uDhxcIaC23k[/youtube]

[youtube]l1T7bKTOhb8[/youtube]
Blog (greek): The Dark Side of the Force and Other Stories
Blog (english): Snippets and other stories from the net

Twitter: @ladyjedi : I only tweet in English.
Isaac Asimov έγραψε:To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today.
Άβαταρ μέλους
DeadSouL141
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: -

Cameron: Are we even certain he had a seizure? Hymn singing and healing, he does it all the time, doesn’t he?

House: Isn’t it interesting that religious behavior is so close to being crazy we can’t tell it apart.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it
Απάντηση