AAI newsletter June 2013

Εδώ αναρτώνται ανακοινώσεις από τη Γραμματεία της Ένωσης Άθεων. Αφορούν πληροφορίες για την Ένωση, ενημέρωση για δράσεις της Ένωσης, δελτία τύπου, αποφάσεις και πρακτικά της Ένωσης. Ορατές μόνο για ανάγνωση σε επισκέπτες και απλά μέλη του φόρουμ, πρόσβαση για σχολιασμό σε μέλη και υποστηρικτές.
Απάντηση
Άβαταρ μέλους
AoratiMelani
Όνομα Ιστότοπου: Αόρατη Μελάνη
Επικοινωνία:

Imagine! The AAI newsletter, June 2013

Hello everyone

It is the middle of the year already and there is lots on!

AAI is proud to support the Critical Thinking & Secular Ethics Program in partnership with the Cambodian Children's Trust (CCT). With the aim of teaching children how to think and not what to think, this program focuses initially on children in CCT's care and street children in Battambang Province, Cambodia. We are seeking to raise USD6,723 to cover half the cost of the pilot project (the other half has been donated by AAI) and run the program for the rest of 2013. Please donate to help!and spread the word with these links: facebook.com/CTSEproject and twitter.com/CTSEproject.

We wanted to let you know about some conventions being run by AAI Members in the US in the season in the next few months - go and have fun with the godless!
-Freedom from Religion Foundation's 36th Annual National Convention, 27-28 September 2013 in Madison, WI, USA. Featuring talks and entertainment from a great line-up inluding Jill Sobule, Julia Sweeney, Jamila Bey and Shelley Segal
- Minnesota Atheists Regional Conference, 10 August 2013 in Minneapolis, MN, USA. Speakers include PZ Myers, Greta Christina and Amanda Kneif

Finally, we've noticed that some members are not accessing AAI's quarterly magazine, Secular World, online so wanted to give you some more information. One of the benefits of AAI membership is free access to Secular World news and thought-provoking articles about atheism and secularism around the world.

An extract from the current issue of Secular World is available free through the AAI website; it's in one of the windows that scrolls through the centre of the screen on the home page. However, this extract is not the full version of the magazine. The full version must be accessed through the Members Only section of the website. For those who have not done so recently, let me walk you through the process...

First, click on 'Members Only' in the menu bar on our home page; this will present a Login screen where you enter your Username and Password (members receive these within a few days of joining AAI). Note that the Username and Password fields are case-sensitive and you must enter exactly what was assigned. e.g. Jim Smith, Jim.Smith, and jimsmith are all different usernames. If you've forgotten your Username or Password, just email me at membership@atheistalliance.org and I will email them to you. Once you've clicked the Login button, you are again on the home page and it may seem that nothing has happened. However, there is a difference: point to the Members Only tab in the menu and instead of a Login window you now see menu options.

Second, point to the Secular World tab on the menu and you will see a list of the full versions of Secular World. Clicking on the issue of your choice will show you the cover for that issue and provide you with links to either Download the pdf version or View the magazine online. Be aware that these files are fairly large, typically 20-25 Mb, and so may take some time if you have a slow connection. However, if you have to pay for connection time, downloading the PDF and reading it offline is the cheaper option.

Then, when you are done and are ready to leave the website, please click on the Members Only tab in the menu and you will be shown the Login screen again; click on the Logout button before leaving the site. Failing to logout can cause problems, especially if you try to change your password.

That's all there is to it! If you have any problems, contact me and I'll be happy to assist. I hope you enjoy reading Secular World!
Η θρησκευτική γλώσσα είναι μια μεταφορά. Το πρόβλημα είναι όταν παρασύρεται κανείς από τη μεταφορά κι αρχίζει να τη βλέπει σαν κυριολεξία. Rebbecca Goldstein
Απάντηση